Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020 .
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About Our Business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
The Role: Software Defined Networking Intern
The Engineering Summer Internship is an opportunity to gain exposure to one or more Nutanix engineering roles according to your skills and interests.
Each intern is paired with a Member of Technical Staff who serves as a guide through our engineering culture, toolsets, and development methodology. Our internship program also includes a series of lunch and learns, training events, and social outings to expose you to other aspects of a rapidly growing Silicon Valley technology company. This a full time, 12 week internship program.
- Design, develop, and deploy a cloud-scale SDN solution.
- Work on complex distributed systems.
- Collaborate with a small team of developers, test engineers, and product management.
- Evaluate and improve performance, scalability, and resilience.
- Engage with customers and support to solve production issues.
- Prior experience or coursework in the networking/SDN domain
- Fluency in C and Python.
- Extremely strong systems programming and design skills.
- Solid understanding of fundamental network protocols.
- Experience with network troubleshooting and telemetry tools.
- Familiarity with virtualization platforms, particularly qemu/KVM
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field required. If pursuing a PhD, please refer to the careers page for other opportunities.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org