Purpose of the Job
The IT Install Support/NOC Team is responsible for the proactive monitoring and installation support of the KFC infrastructure. The Position will include interacting with restaurants and franchisees over connectivity related issues, creating dashboards through KFC’s big data platform using Power BI, Assisting in the continuous improvement efforts of KFC-NOC.
The goals of the Install support team are to support:
· Digital Innovation Implementation – Proactively identify and resolve infrastructure errors that negatively impact or prohibit the ability for restaurants to implement Digital innovations such as Cloud based Log books and Delivery.
· Minimize Operations Impact – Reduce the amount of time KFC restaurant personnel and vendor technicians spend on the phone installing replacements for obsolete or out of warranty restaurant POS and PC equipment.
· Next Gen Network Equipment Upgrades – Support Vendor installers converting existing network connectivity equipment to the new network connectivity platform that enables all digital innovation initiatives.
· Monitoring – Utilize proactive monitoring tools to identify restaurant infrastructure critical for Digital Innovation Go lives. This includes Wi-Fi Devices, PCs, internet, and Switches.
· Support – Proactively troubleshoot availability incidents identified via proactive monitoring tools to ensure maximum availability critical Go Live infrastructure components. This will include making outbound phone calls for layer 1 troubleshooting and using tools to remotely reconfigure devices. The list of contacts this position will reach out to includes but is not limited to, Restaurant Managers and internal partners.
· Escalation & Reporting – Serve as escalation point in coordinating and supporting infrastructure troubleshooting and incident resolution. Escalating the most complex incidents and problems to the Install Analysts or Network Operations Center. Update tickets and dashboards with technical resolution steps in a timely manner.
· Technology Deployment – complete assigned routine project tasks in support of Digital Innovation Go Live. Failures in this area will result in significant financial impact to KFC and our franchisees due to the inability of planned resources and vendors to execute their changes (i.e. installation rescheduling fees).
Knowledge And Skill Required
· Education/Certifications – Pursuing associate or bachelor’s degree, preferred; Completed or active pursuit of industry accepted certifications (ITIL, Cisco, ISC)
o Years of Experience – 2 or more years of IT experience
o Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills
o Proven ability to work autonomously focused on long-term results
o Knowledge of network equipment (WAPs, Windows PCs, and switches)
o Knowledge of Internet transports (DSL, cable, satellite, cellular)
o Experience with Cisco OSI model or Fortinet networking standards a plus
o Aruba and HPE Switch configuration and management a plus
o Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and office suites
o Working experience with Incident and Problem tracking systems (i.e. Remedy ServiceDesk & Service Now)
o Working knowledge of Remote Control applications (i.e. pcAnywhere, Bomgar, putty)