Transforming the Future with the Convergence of Simulation and Data
People Analytics Intern
Do you like a challenge, are you a complex thinker who likes to solve problems? If so, then you might be the new Altairian we are searching for. At Altair, your curiosity matters. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients’ success, as well as our own.
The People Analytics Internship is an exciting opportunity for someone who has an interest in the Human Resources field. This role engages the student to become familiar with the Altair HR processes within the business. In the People Analytics Intern role, you’ll gain practical experience working on strategic projects and helping to support HR operations while working side-by-side with a team of HR professionals. We are seeking a student (graduating Fall 2020) or a recent graduate for a FT internship based in our Troy, MI global headquarters office.
What You Will Do
- Extract, analyze, and drive conclusions using data.
- Summarize conclusions from work and data findings into short and concise PowerPoint presentations.
- Act as student lead for Altair Internship Program.
- Work with the Immigration Specialist on Green Card Recruitment, preparing employment verifications, and tracking/updating status of immigration documentation.
- Assist and support the administration of HR-related policies and procedures.
- Assist with on-boarding process.
What You Will Need:
- Senior status or recent graduate working towards a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively manage projects with a strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with HR databases, applicant tracking systems a plus.
- Self-motivated, proactive thinker, and problem solver.
- Background and past coursework in compensation and/or data analytics/analysis.
- Comfortable with extracting, analyzing, and driving conclusions using data
How You Will Be Successful
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Training and Development -Free training on all Altair products
Why Work With Us
Altair is a global technology company that provides software and cloud solutions in the areas of product development, high performance computing (HPC) and data analytics. Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with simulation, data analytics, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design texpand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com .