Website Adler University
Adler University is seeking a People & Culture Intern to join our team. Our intern will support the People & Culture Department by performing administrative functions, including data base management, filing, scanning documents and assist as needed. The intern will gain experience in employee relations, benefits, and on boarding. A can do attitude is required for this role. Our ideal intern is someone who possesses a strong interest within Human Resources; professional, yet friendly, and has an approachable demeanor. We will consider students attending a local four college/university or a recent graduate open to working (20) twenty hours per week. We offer flexible hours between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. This is a paid internship.
- Currently enrolled in a Human Resources Bachelors or Master’s Degree Program or related field; or recent Graduate.
- Students attending a local four-year university or a recent graduate open to working (20) twenty hours per week.
- Provides general administrative support to the People & Culture department as needed such as schedule meetings and prepare meeting agendas.
- Makes photocopies, sends faxes, and files specific departmental paperwork.
- Post positions on Adler website and job boards
- Keep track of vacant positions in applicant tracking system
- Assist with on boarding and new hire orientations
- Assist with recruitment processes such as phone screenings
- Follow-up with new hires in re to academic transcripts
- Assist with collecting I-9 documents of adjunct faculty
- Assist with benefits administration and open enrollment
- Create new employee files; employee file maintenance, ensuring all necessary documentation is available and current.
- Ensure terminated employee files are accurately filed
- Experience with HRIS and applicant tracking software a plus.
- Prior HR experience or a strong interest in human resources functions
- Previous office experience a plus
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously, maintain a high level of organization, prioritize, meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of MS Office Programs, intermediate skills in Excel preferred
- Excellent written and communication skills; and ability to interact with multiple levels of management throughout the organization
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management
- Flexible, reliable and exercises sound judgement
- Collaboratively work with a diverse group of staff and faculty
- Strong customer service orientation
- Possesses creativity, initiative, and professionalism
- Please submit your application along with updated cover letter and resume; including 3 professional references.
- Work availability
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. The University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As part of the Adler’s equal employment opportunity policy, Adler will also take affirmative action to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.