Website Second Order Effects, Inc
People Operations Intern (Fall/Winter)
We are looking for a self-starting People Operations Intern with a learning mindset and passion for working with people. Candidates must be highly motivated and willing to intern with SOE during the Fall or Winter for a three to six-month period. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to join the operations team and support a variety of People Operations, HR, and recruiting efforts across the company.
The ideal candidate is someone who is unafraid of gaining exposure to a wide variety of problems and has a tenacious attitude towards problem-solving and project execution.
- Collaborate with internal operations teams and engineering teams on key initiatives
- Assist in all recruiting, HR, and People Operations efforts
- Schedule and coordinate calls, meetings, and interviews (for virtual and on-site events)
- List and manage job postings across various sites and tools
- Organize company-wide projects and lead events for other intern groups
- Produce reports and analytics for People Operations and other teams
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Communications, Economics, Finance, Psychology, or related field)
- Exceptional people and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Detail-oriented, focused, well-organized— taking pride in the quality of work and self-motivated
- Patient and empathetic for helping others
Preferred Skills Experience
- Strong analytical and planning capabilities, with creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience in a fast-paced small-business/startup/tech/consulting environment
- Previous exposure to engineering challenges or teams solving intricate engineering problems and a deep curiosity for electronics and the desire to understand hardware and software systems
- Experience with Confluence, Jira, CRM tools and ATS systems
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., C++, Python, R, etc.)
- Experience in a team-based design and build project (e.g., Formula SAE, Solar Car, CubeSat, etc.)
- Experience with technical projects and wearing many hats while engaging with C-suite executives
- Applicant must be willing to work 40 hours a week on-site in El Segundo, CA
- Applicant must be eligible to work on ITAR projects
- Job Type: Full-time (Paid, Seasonal)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Second Order Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Second Order Effects is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.