The Sustainability Intern will be contributing to the improvement of UPS’s corporate sustainability strategies and projects. He/She will assist with improving and streamlining data collection for corporate sustainability reporting process. In addition, the Sustainability Intern will be responsible for developing energy, water and waste reduction programs. He/She will update internal processes, manuals and training materials related to compliance with EPA environmental compliance and DOT regulated goods regulations.
- Data analysis
- Investigative research
- Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
- Project Management: Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately.
- Excellent written, oral communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Professional (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Rising Junior, Senior or graduate student preferred.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Environmental Science or related field.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law