Website Maxim Integrated
Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Then come to Maxim Integrated and be part of a team that pushes the boundaries of what’s possible.
Join our team and experience Maxim– a highly successful, $2.3 billion company with offices and manufacturing sites around the world. We develop the high-performance analog and mixed-signal electronic products that are in the latest cars, smartphones, wearables, hearables, gaming devices, robots, factories, IOT devices, the cloud, and more.
From the day we first opened our doors in 1983, we’ve attracted and nurtured some of the best problem solvers, creative thinkers, and innovators in the business. Every day, we’re empowering design innovation and overcoming the toughest engineering challenges, enabling our customers to create the solutions that define and shape our world. And, we do this in a culture where bold thinking, teamwork, growth and community involvement are recognized and rewarded.
Job Description Summary
Maxim’s Mobile Business Unit is seeking a Power Applications Engineering intern in San Jose, California.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Creating evaluation kits
- Designing software and hardware necessary to evaluate new devices
- Working directly with customers to implement our products into their system
- Hands-on experience designing, programming, testing, and debugging
- Generating Application notes to showcase Maxim product solutions
- Develop User Guides and customer documentation to assist customers with designs
- PCB layout
- Generate validation plan & execute it
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- Strong knowledge of electrical/computer/software engineering fundamentals
- DC/DC power converter fundamental knowledge
- Magnetics fundamental knowledge
- Layout capability
- Knowledge of analog mixed-signal circuit design
- Digital and software design skills
- Understanding of circuit simulation tools and techniques and/or software development tools and techniques
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment (i.e., oscilloscope, electronic-load, DAQ)
- Experience debugging circuits
- Experience with Python
Additional Job Description:
Non – Manager
Pay Rate Type
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations; including but not limited to US Government International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), or US Treasury Regulations. If required, placement is contingent on Maxim’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
Maxim is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.