Website CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
Resp & Qualifications
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Primary responsibilities for this position include researching, writing and distributing news releases, creating the Daily Download industry newsletter, assisting in the process for tracking and responding to media inquiries and contributing to the development of other communications on behalf of the PR/Media Relations team, as necessary.
The position also includes contribution to PR/Media Relations strategic planning and campaign support and might require staffing of press conferences and other company events for external audiences.
Under The General Supervision Of The Managers, The Incumbent’s Accountabilities May Include, But May Not Be Limited To
The position may also require use of or willingness to learn basic online content management, social media writing, photography, graphic design and video recording/editing skills. The position also provides occasional administrative support for the Director of Public/Media Relations and staff during the absence of full-time administrative support.
- Creating the Daily Download industry newsletter to associates and other stakeholders
- Monitoring the Media Relations email inbox and tracking media inquiries
- Drafting/editing press releases and other written communications
- Updating the Industry News section of the company intranet
- Supporting press conferences, events and community activities
- Must be a student enrolled in an accredited college or university at either the junior or senior level (undergraduate or graduate level)
- Current college student pursuing a BS/BA degree or greater, preferably in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, or related field
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average.
CareFirst runs a year round internship program. The ideal candidate is someone who can work throughout the year – up to 15-20 hours in the fall AND up to 15-20 hours in the spring AND full time in the summer.
- A working knowledge of digital photography and video filming and editing
- A working knowledge of website design, technology, and editing principles
- A working knowledge of social media platforms
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Sound news judgement
- PC skills, including familiarity with MS Office applications and Adobe suite of creative software
- Ability to quickly understand and comprehend the situation/inquiry, and accurately evaluate the appropriateness of the response
- Interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- The ability to travel occasionally within the region to other corporate sites or company events
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
The hire range posted is an annual rate. All intern positions will be paid hourly.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 7/21/2020
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship