Hyde Park Investment Services (HPIS)
Private Equity Analyst
Hyde Park Investment Services (HPIS) is an investment research, M&A, LBO, business and data analytics services company for buy-side clients, such as private equity firms, strategic buyers, family offices, search funds, and other investors, as well as their portfolio companies and subsidiaries. We have a track record of over 10 years and $14 billion in closed transactions, as well as vast project experience in multiple business sectors that include energy, healthcare, industrial manufacturing, business services, software and IT, construction, real estate, and food & agriculture
About the internship
This internship is ideal for candidates interested in private equity careers. Our program is an opportunity to participate in real private equity transactions and see how they are originated, analyzed, and executed. Interns get exposure to investment projects under supervision of experienced professionals and develop practical skills by analyzing financial statements, building LBO and other models, researching, analyzing and presenting company, market, and industry information. Interns collaborate with our team and receive meaningful feedback and guidance, but are encouraged and expected to be independent and proactive.
As a private equity intern, your responsibilities will cover all stages of the investment process:
• Deal sourcing: research, identification, and development of buy-side investment opportunities, creating and maintaining databases and relationships with target companies that seek debt and equity partners, research and preparation of reports related to deal sourcing process and strategy;
• Investment analysis:
o Quantitative: high level analysis of financial statements and company performance, overview of demand and cost trends, initial valuation analysis;
o Qualitative: analysis of company’s products, operations, market position, market share, industry trends, competitive analysis, five forces analysis, etc.
• Deal execution: supporting due diligence of potential investment opportunities, financial modeling including full 3-statement LBO modeling with multiple debt and operational scenarios;
• Company operations: analyzing company operations and corporate finance needs, business and data analytics, identifying and solving operational, strategic, and financial challenges, exploring mergers and add-on acquisitions;
• In addition, interns may be exposed to general research and analysis of industry trends, economic indicators, financial news & trends, and technology trends.
• Enrolled in or graduated from a bachelor’s or master’s program, focusing on Business/Economics/Science/Engineering is a plus, but all fields will be considered;
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and written English;
• Strong quantitative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
• Excellent research and analytical skills, problem solving attitude and ability;
• Desire to cultivate and contribute to a culture of learning, integrity, and entrepreneurship.
• The internship is unpaid
• Location: New York City, Boston, Los Angeles
• The internship is available onsite, but can also be done remotely