Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The Process Excellence Intern will work closely with a broad variety of cross-functional groups internally including operations, engineering, customer service, development, project and product management, and solution development with opportunities to work with other functions. The candidate must have a demonstrated aptitude and comfort level in process development in program management. The Process Excellence Intern has the opportunity to liaise and influence stakeholders at all levels in the organization and act as a leader of change and continuous improvement
We are looking for a problem solver, not just a doer. Become part of a culture of integrity, innovation and creativity. We win as a team – we make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
Are you ready to work independently with moderate guidance?
Do you have a desire to learn and try new things?
- Assist in developing quality standards for global process
- Create standard operating procedures and standard work instructions
- Develops documentation
- Coordinates meetings with department heads to integrate process deliverables
- Performs other duties as assigned
What We Are Looking For
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to distill complex and voluminous data into easily consumed insights
- Ability to find methods to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Strong drive for success, passion, dedication and an optimistic attitude
- Desire to find a balance in the team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to other’s views; gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others; displays passion and optimism
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to extra hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to use Microsoft Office proficiently
- Junior or Senior working toward an Engineering degree in Industrial, Process, or Quality
- Recent Engineering graduate
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methodology and analytics a plus