LGND has the mind of a consulting firm with the heart of a creative agency. We believe that good storytelling can be the difference between success and failure for organizations, policy initiatives, and product launches. We also believe that too much hard work and too many important ideas end up trapped in PDFs, so their stories aren’t told effectively.
We supply our clients with the creative ideas and technology that make those stories shine, which can range from designing a flight tracking dashboard that updates aircraft locations in real-time for Aireon to building a campaign on the regulatory challenges of Food Truck owners for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
Our team’s varied backgrounds range from the Obama White House, Mayor Bloomberg’s administration, and Google, to startups, public affairs, and venture capital firms. As an intern, you’ll be joining us on the ground floor of LGND.
About this Job
Your Responsibilities as a Production Intern:
- Assist the Executive Producer and colleagues in the production of LGND, including resource allocation, project management, and budget and capacity reporting
- Understanding of project management systems (Scoro, Asana, Monday, etc.) with a strong ability to navigate systems and build reports
- Assist on live-action video production, including sound, lighting, camera, editing and post production.
- Ability to develop stories for web, tv, film, social media, online streaming, and other platforms.
- Research topics using a variety of sources, including video archives, search, and library archives as needed
- Provide client production support through research, content development, and project management
- You have strong project and production management skills
- You have video production and post production experience
- You’re creative
- You’ve completed classes that focus on camera work and editing using Final Cut/Adobe Premier
- You have strong ability to use video equipment
- You have strong organizational and analytical skills
- You excel at prioritizing across multiple projects and getting things done
- You’re naturally curious
- You’re always looking to do more, learn more, and help more
- You’re friendly and humble
- You’re a problem solver–always focused on finding a solution and running with it
- You’re looking to leave your mark on the world
- You have experience with the Google apps product suite
- You have experience with project management and social media tools
Compensation & Commitment
- Starting $15/hour with the hope that you can grow to be a part of the LGND team, long-term.
- The expectation of work is 40 hours/week, but are willing to think about less, during the 2020 Fall & Winter
- Must be in the Washington DC area
- Upload your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you are interested in working with LGND.
- Clarify if you are in Washington, D.C. through an internship program with your college/university or if you go to a local school. If so, please state your availability, including your program’s start and end dates.
LGND is committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment. LGND does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information.