Website RTI International
HR Directions seeks a prospect for its client RTI International for the Project Management/Food Security & Agriculture Internship within the Food Security and Agriculture division in the International Development Group.
The Food Security and Agriculture division is made up 20+ home office staff across RTI’s DC and North Carolina offices. The team implements programs for clients including USAID and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The FS&A team also includes teams of staff in Kenya, Somalia, Latin America, and Cambodia where we currently implement major projects. Our technical areas of focus include:
– Agriculture and agribusiness
– Nutrition, including research and early childhood development
– Monitoring, evaluation, and learning
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate to gain exposure to a broad range of technical and administrative activities associated with international development and engage with professionals in the industry. Interns also benefit from access to RTI-sponsored professional development trainings, internship activities, leadership opportunities, on the job training and mentorship, and the RTI Intern Alumni Network. We are looking for a self-starter with strong organization, problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
The Project Management/Food Security & Agriculture Intern will support the implementation of FS&A’s ongoing projects. The intern will be expected to collaborate with multiple project teams and perform financial, administrative, and technical tasks on an as-needed basis. This may include creating subcontracting and consulting agreements, reviewing financial data, organizing electronic files, and logistics coordination. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
– Providing day-to-day project management support to Project Associates and Project Coordinators as needed
– Creating subcontracting and consulting agreements
– Reviewing project financial data and supporting development of financial reports
– Coordination and logistics for project travel
– Copy editing and formatting project deliverables and communications products
RTI’s Internship Program emphasizes experiential and mentored learning experiences, providing students and recent degree recipients an opportunity to apply their academic knowledge and skills in a meaningful and practical way. We are committed to developing the future workforce by encouraging interns to explore various career paths in a nonprofit research institute setting that values diversity and inclusion. Through this program, interns will be exposed to RTI’s open and educational culture; support RTI’s mission to improve the human condition; and build upon their career goals.
This paid virtual internship, will take place from September through December 2020. The internship requires a minimum commitment of 30 hours per week. Hours are flexible during business hours Monday through Friday.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Recent completion of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field
• Ability to work independently and willingness to work in a team environment
• Flexibility and desire to work on varying projects
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English
• Interest in international development project management