A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Operations Support team monitors the overall quality of our service. As a part of the team, you’ll be the primary contact for ensuring the quality of our services is maintained while also considering better ways to provide the same service in a more cost efficient manner and keeping customer satisfaction with our services high.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required
High School Diploma
Minimum Years Of Experience
4 year(s) of progressive experience in roles involving one or more of the following areas: portfolio/program/project management, client engagements, new technology deployment, shared services, outsourcing, records and information management, and/or business process assessment.
Preferred Fields Of Study
Information Governance Professional (IGP), Project Management Professional (PMP)
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge of, and/or success in managerial roles involving, many facets of data information governance and management, preferably for a global network of professional consulting services firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Troubleshooting critical production issues across the platform and applications;
- Overseeing production deployments while identifying and patching bugs and inefficiencies;
- Building monitoring and reporting frameworks as well as tools used to streamline and automate tasks throughout the platform lifecycle;
- Possessing knowledge of data and information governance and management, data protection and information risk management, knowledge management, information lifecycle management, and the use of technology related to data and information;
- Identifying and understanding business problems in the form of functional and technical requirements, and innovative thought leadership in the creation of solutions;
- Creating and managing project planning, as well as issue and risk management and mitigation;
- Working with functional and technical groups to identify improvements in Firm-wide data-related business processes, scope requirements, and impacts related to system and/or process changes;
- Understanding of PwC global network structure, hierarchies and governance bodies;
- Presenting information and sharing insight to all levels within the organization and across various countries and regions;
- Creating internal partnerships with key stakeholders;
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust and seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation;
- Creating and implementing program and project objectives, policies, processes, rollout, technology acquisition and deployment, training and communication;
- Supervising and coaching direct reports, including providing timely and meaningful written and verbal feedback;
- Determining and managing team activity workflow and job priorities;
- Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, and preparing and/or coordinating complex written materials;
- Participating with business sponsors and other functions within the organization regularly;
- Sharing industry leading practices within and across teams;
- Participating in user groups inside and outside the Firm to better understand trends and standards to provide high quality; and,
- Driving appropriate standards of utilization and productivity for staff.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.