If you’re looking to make the most of your college career in an exciting environment like no other – our West Chester, PA corporate headquarters is the perfect place for you.
We are looking for a talented college student for our Design & Development internship opportunity in our Apparel Merchandising Division.
This will be a virtual internship for the fall. Student must be able to work 20 hours/week, preferably 2 full days and 1 half day.
Job Description Details
- Work under the supervision of a Technical Development Manager to create and edit technical apparel drawings, measure garments, take fit photos and write fit comments, and help with special projects.
- Perform administrative duties related to the design and development team and interact with buyers.
- Must currently be enrolled at an accredited college or university
- QVC will consider students that have completed at least four (4) semesters of college from the following majors: Merchandising-Technical Design, Design, Retail Management
- Experience in Retail is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of the following computer applications are highly desired: Microsoft Word/Excel, CAD Software, Apparel CAD/CAM for drawing, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Drawing experience with fashion illustration and technical apparel drawings
- Basic knowledge of patterns
- Excellent oral, written and telephonic communication skills
- Ability to differentiate between colors
- Maintain attendance as defined by company policy
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to concentrate and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift boxes up to 30 pounds (e.g., product samples, QA samples, props the vendor may send, etc.)
- Ability to operate general office equipment (fax machine, photocopier, computer printer) stationed between 3 and 4 feet high
- Ability to access and enter information using automated systems quickly and accurately