Foundation Network team is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with deep expertise in networking, Istio/Service Mesh, AWS VPCs, and Kubernetes. Our team is primarily focused on delivering service mesh, by integrating Istio/Envoy into our Kubernetes deployments. The team you will be a part of leverages open-source technologies and is responsible for mission-critical components of our entire cloud platform.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Collaborate closely with members across the engineering organization to implement Istio for Kubernetes and few non-containerized services. Ensure the performance, security and features meets high standards and expectations
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and maintainability in multiple facets of our platform, including service discovery, high availability, DNS, Inter-region routing, dual-stack IPv6, and many network-related subjects
- Develop new software, improve and maintain existing footprint operated by Foundation Network
- Document decisions, submit pull requests, participate in peer reviews, commit and deploy changes safely and methodically
- Participate in compensated production on-call rotation
- Work with bleeding-edge technology and build a legacy that you can be proud of
- Create your legacy
What You Bring To The Role
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Comfortable with TCP/IP suite and Linux kernel/userspace/containers networking (BPF bonus)
- Experience operating internet-facing production environments
- Deep understanding of AWS VPCs and Kubernetes networking (GCP XPN bonus)
- Fluent in networking software and protocols as iptables/netfilter, nginx, BGP, HTTP, SSL/TLS
- Write resilient server-side software in Go, Python, or Ruby. Hands-on with AWS SDK
- Familiarity with provisioners such as Terraform / Cloudformation and config management tooling
- Experience in debugging cloud and containerized network flows
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work on multiple projects and issues
- Strong verbal and written communication is a must.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk’s Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.