Position Overview And Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, hungry and motivated social first communicator to join our Social & Innovation team as an intern. The Social & Innovation team provides paid social media strategy and support for multiple client accounts and plays the dual role of strategist and hands-on tactician. This internship provides fantastic on the job training to learn how to plan and manage strategic paid social campaigns across social media and content marketing platforms.
The internship will expose you to the latest trends and best practices in paid social, and by the end of the program you will be able to provide recommendations across the paid social ecosystem including content and creative units, building target audiences, structuring and managing campaigns, optimizing campaign performance and communicating campaign performance and ROAS (Return on Ad Spend).
You will be provided with access to related digital/social certifications including; Twitter Flight school, Facebook Blueprint, and Google Analytics certification.
Qualifications Candidates Should Have…
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree, or currently be enrolled in a graduate program.
- Prior internship experience in integrated marketing and/or digital communications, ideally in an agency or corporate setting.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills to build and manage relationships with ad sales reps and managers across the social ecosystem.
- Strong analytical skills; must be proficient in analyzing and interpreting high volumes of data. High degree of proficiency with Excel is required. Experience with paid social media tools such as Facebook Ad Manager, Twitter Ads Manager and LinkedIn Ads Manager.
- Experience with web analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Omniture, and WebTrends a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to understand client’s business requirements and measure primary objectives and key business outcomes. Ability to quickly pattern spot and surface actionable insights; separate signal from noise.
- Ability to write clear and concise presentations for client summarizing data insights, outcomes and implications in a straightforward and enlightening way for clients.
Additionally, candidates must possess:
- High Ethical Standards: Community facilitators are stewards of a company’s social media policy and service as a “voice” of the brand. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the personal integrity and professionalism worthy of such responsibility.
- Refined Communication Skills: Ideal candidates are customer-service minded and should be calm, clear and consistent communicators adept at navigating large organizations in a positive, diplomatic way.
- Propensity for Time Management/Multi-tasking: The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is solutions-oriented, thrives under pressure, enjoys fast-paced work and is dedicated to quality. He/she is extremely motivated and in search of a challenging, career-advancing opportunity.
- Ability Work Collaboratively in a Team Setting: Must be a consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results. Ideal candidate should possess excellent relationship skills; be a good listener; respect the expertise of others; and have ability to motivate and generate effective action from all levels of the organization.
About the FleishmanHillard D.C. Office
FleishmanHillard’s Washington, D.C., office is one of the most prominent public relations offices in the D.C. metro area. With eight practice areas covering health communications & behavior change, social & innovation, creative, public affairs, crisis, brand & corporate reputation, media relations, and tech, the D.C. office touches a unique portfolio of clients across a wide variety of sectors. Employees in the D.C. office come from a variety of backgrounds in public relations and government policy to provide the highest-quality counsel for our clients.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.