Website Black Love, Inc.
ABOUT BLACK LOVE
BLACK LOVE, Inc. is a love, relationships, and mental wellness brand visible through the Black Love series which is in its third season on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) and the digital platform, BlackLove.com. The series, directed by Codie Elaine Oliver and produced by Codie & Tommy Oliver, highlights authentic love stories from the black community showcasing what it takes to make a marriage work. Premiering in the fall of 2017, Black Love was the #1 trending topic on Twitter and the highest-rated unscripted series in the history of OWN with over 1.3 million viewers. The show’s popularity and engaged community laid the groundwork for the website and a host of live events. Our mission is to inspire healthy conversations on all aspects of relationships at every stage of life. We are headquartered in West Los Angeles.
We are looking for a talented Social Media Intern to join the Black Love team. This is an incredible opportunity to learn more about a career in digital/social media marketing and an opportunity to cultivate a strong social media presence for a rapidly growing relationship-focused brand. In 2020 alone, Black Love’s Facebook and Instagram channels have increased by 300K each.
NOTE: This can be for college credit and has the potential to grow into a full-time role.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist with content creation, curation, and caption writing for Black Love Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest
- Social media community management
- Track, measure and report social media data/analytics
- Monitor/engage/report social media trends through social listening
- Assist with influencer outreach
- Attend meetings and brainstorms
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field (with a strong interest/emphasis on Digital/Social Media) or graduated from an accredited College or University
- Coachable with a willingness to learn and a commitment to excellence
- Superior written communication skills, attention to detail, and reliability
- Ability to work in a team environment and has a sense of humor
- An interest in a career in social media/digital marketing
- Aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty to find creative solutions to problems
- Are comfortable taking direction as well as taking the initiative
- Revel in being a self-starter and proactively seek out opportunities to learn and improve both yourself and the processes around you
- Previous social media marketing experience/internships a plus