Website Counting Coral
Counting Coral is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization seeking to restore coral reefs. The director of social media would be in charge of establishing and enhancing the social media presence of our organization. This internship is entirely virtual. No in-person meetings required.
- Learn how to design and execute social media campaigns
- Learn how to create weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote organization on various social media websites
- Learn how to create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets
- Learn how to track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Learn how to support other departments such as marketing team at live and online events
- Post weekly content on multiple social media accounts
- Take creative responsibility in posts
- Increase social media engagement
- Research social media non-profit strategies
- Communicate with the non-profit board and directors
This internship may be eligible for academic credit depending on your academic program’s internship criteria. Contact your department to learn more.
Internship starts: 8/20/20
Internship ends: 11/20/20
Hours: 10 hours per week, including weekly Zoom check-in. Hours flexible.
This is an unpaid internship. Counting Coral is a non-profit, philanthropic organization. Counting Coral is willing to work with students on requirements and learning outcomes to insure credit at your institution if needed.
Looking for a candidate with a strong social media presence or proven knowledge of social media. Candidates from communications, business, economics, political science, or environmental science preferred.
Must have an interest in environmental conservation.
No GPA requirements.
Secretary of Counting Coral
Expert graphic designer and print production specialist
Worked in advertising for 15 years
President of Counting Coral
Entrepreneur and operator of multiple businesses in Los Angeles, California
Strong attention to detail and organization skills
Proven ability to meet deadlines
Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge and experience with Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
Ability to work individually and part as a team
Passionate about environmental conservation or nonprofit work
About Counting Coral
Save coral reefs through innovative action
Our mission is to restore coral reefs through revolutionizing the way humans interact with the reef system. With 25% of all marine life at stake, it is time to recognize the human impact on our reefs.
By building underwater sculptures, we are creating an alternate reef. This unusual and interactive experience is designed to pull divers and snorkelers away from the fragile coral, and into a riveting new adventure. The uniqueness of said experience will bring tourism revenue to local communities, as well as fund further conservation efforts.
All of our sculptures are designed with the sea in mind. This means that as well as serving an artful purpose, the sculptures can also double as artificial reefs. The land surrounding the sculptures may also be used as coral nurseries, with the hope that coral will better thrive in a more protected environment.