Your Tasks And Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Software Developer Intern/Co-Op, are to:
- Collaborate daily with a team of Software Developers, Product Manager, Product Specialists and Agile Coach to build and support applications;
- Work with team and Product Manager to manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables;
- Interact directly with business customers to gather and understand requirements and how they translate in application features;
- Develop applications and services for projects owned by the team using the latest tools and technologies;
- Deploy applications across all environments in collaboration with development team, release team and Product Management;
- Perform unit and integration testing;
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing;
- Troubleshoot and debug applications;
- Evaluate existing applications to refactor, update and add new features;
- Develop any technical documentation needed to accurately represent application design and code;
- Gain understanding of the business operations and functions for the Product(s) owned within the team;
- Seek opportunities to discover new and better solutions;
- Effectively communicate within team, with direct lead and Product Manager;
- Identify and pursue opportunities for self-improvement of technical and non-technical skills;
- Take the initiative to do what needs to be done without being asked.
This position is offered as either a 6-month co-op (Jan – June or June – Dec) or a summer internship (May – Aug).
Who You Are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enorlled in a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field;
- Upon completion of the co-op term, student must return to school to complete studies;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.