We are looking for a Software Development Engineer Intern to help us with our FortiRobot project this Summer 2020!
FortiRobot is a roaming robot that has two major objectives
- Automatically explore floors to collect Wifi signal strength and draw heatmaps to help enterprises for their Wifi deployment or networking quality monitoring.
- Work as security patrol, that can take the duties of human to do 7×24 monitoring of warehouses, or companies.
In this role you will assist in developing ROS based autonomous robots and its applications in one or more of the following areas
- Perception with a variety of sensors
- Logic and Control
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar fields.
- Experience in one of the following languages: Python, C++, or C
- Hands on experience with design & assembling prototypes
- Hands on experience with robotic sensors/motors/Servo technologies (e.g. IMU, lidar, camera, odometry, radar)
- Experience with robotic programming and communication protocols (e.g. PCL, Eigen, ROS, CERES)
- Can do attitude and results driven.