Poshmark is seeking a full stack intern who will be responsible for helping build and run a high-traffic and fast-growing site — the Poshmark community currently creates a new listing every 2 seconds and generates millions of likes, comments, and shares every single day. Help us push the limits of cloud-based technologies to accelerate our explosive growth.
What You’ll Do
Over 10 weeks as an intern, you can expect to become deeply involved in designing and building features on Poshmark’s social, e-commerce platform to help the growing community of shoppers and seller stylists and to expand the community. You will experience a highly iterative and data-oriented approach to software development, as well as get to interface with members across the organization to learn the complete life-cycle of feature development from ideation to execution.
Experience Relevant To Poshmark
- Pursuing a CS degree (or related field)
- Exposure to HTTP protocol, SSL, and REST API’s.
- A curious nature with a desire to tackle and solve complex problems.
- Non-academic coding experience (i.e. hack-a-thons, code challenges, personal projects, GitHub, Open Source, volunteer coding experience, conference participation, Grace Hopper, etc.)
Things That Catch Our Eye
- Experience with development in a high traffic, highly scaled environment is a plus
- Exposure to ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Linux
- Experience with NoSQL data solutions is a plus
- User-oriented focus and passion for quality
Poshmark is a leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers. Through technology, our mission is to build the world’s most connected shopping experience, while empowering people to build thriving retail businesses. Since launching in 2011, Poshmark has become a vibrant social shopping community with five million Seller Stylists helping 40 million users discover items they love from over 75 million listings. The company is backed by the world’s leading investment firms including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Temasek, Inventus Capital, Uncork Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s What We’ll Set You Up With
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive pay, based on experience
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.