Software Engineer Internship – Summer 2021 – AfroTech World 2020
Interviews for the position below will be conducted pursuant to our participation in the AfroTech World 2020. To be considered, applicants must confirm their registration for the AfroTech World 2020.
If you are interested in a Software Engineer Intern role at LinkedIn but are not registered for the above event, please apply to this role: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2184303072/
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
Want to work on advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability infrastructure and storage solutions, and large-scale applications for users on web and mobile devices? Apply now. LinkedIn is looking for a variety of interns who want to learn, grow and work with some of the brightest technical talent in the world. We have a top-notch intern program for where you would work on real-life projects very important to the company. Come check us out!
We are hiring in the following technology areas:
• Applications: Build user-centric online applications, scaling performance and 24×7 reliability
• Mobile Engineering: Build native and HTML5 applications for Android, iPhone, and iPad
• Tools Engineering: Develop internal command line and web based tools to automate development, deployment, management and monitoring of our 24×7 online site
• Scale distributed applications, make architectural tradeoffs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
• Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric applications that operate 24×7.
• Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
• This is a full-time fall internship role based in Sunnyvale, CA, San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
• This internship will take place during Summer 2021
• Currently pursuing a B.A./B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science, or related technical field· and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
• Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, C/C++, C#, Python, or Ruby
• Expected to complete degree by December 2022 or earlier
• Experience working in a short-cycle, agile, iterative development team
• Knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design, and object oriented skills
As part of the application process for this role, after an initial qualifications review, candidates are required to successfully complete the HackerRank online code challenge. Instructions for completion of the code challenge will be sent to you if your application is selected to move forward in the process.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here: https://lnkd.in/equalemploymentopportunity2017. Please reference http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn’s legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice