Website Thomson Reuters
Are you looking for an internship that provides real-world-project experience, networking with employees and executives worldwide, while growing your talents on a supportive and inclusive team? If so, we want to connect with you!
At Thomson Reuters, we provide information-enabled software to help our customers in the legal, tax, accounting, corporate, news, and media fields, to make decisions that move society forward. By joining us, you will make your mark in one of WayUp’s Top 100 Internship Programs of 2020, working on industry-leading products with opportunities for networking, volunteering, and social events!
We are looking for a Software Engineer Intern pursuing a degree in Information Technology, Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline for the Summer of 2021. The Legal Professionals Technology team builds world-class software and solutions for our Legal Professionals customers.
About The Role
In this opportunity as a Software Engineer Intern you will have some of the following opportunities:
- Develop Web-Based Solutions: Design and develop web-based research solutions for use by national and international customers using programming languages such as Java, C#, Ruby, and Groovy.
- Develop CMS and Database Systems: Develop large content management systems including data repositories, web-based data access and user interfaces
- Automated Testing: Design, develop, and execute tests in multiple phases of the software development cycle using Selenium and other tools
- Collaboration in Large Scale Agile Environment: Collaborate with multiple teams to ensure technology solutions meet business needs
- Networking: Interns will learn and refine the art of networking on a daily basis to build their portfolio of possibilities for their future career aspirations.
- Performance Analysis: Accomplish performance analysis and tuning of application servers
- Analysis and Investigation: Investigate system operational issues and perform root cause analysis
- Cloud Platforms: Gain exposure to AWS or Azure Cloud platforms and technologies
- Big Data: Apply Big Data mining techniques
- AI/NLP/ML: Work with Artificial Intelligence (AI) methods, including Natural Language Process (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML)
You’re a fit for the role of Software Engineer Intern if you are/have:
- Currently are pursuing a degree in Information Technology, Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline meeting program academic requirements
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Strong problem analysis, problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to both technical and non-technical users
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and communicate issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently or as part of an agile development team
What’s in it For You?
Here’s How We Support Your Growth
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. We offer an enriched internship program that focuses on developing the next generation of talent. Bringing your whole self to work is at our core.
- Campus Culture: WayUp’s Top 100 Internship Programs for 2020, intern-focused events, weekly social hours, a dedicated intern appreciation day, Fireside Chats, partnerships with Business Resource Groups, & recognized company culture awarded for our diversity and inclusion
- Learning & Development: Project-based internship related to your degree, networking with colleagues and executive leaders across the globe, intern alumni panels, Executive Speaker Series, Thomson Reuters University skills academies, mentorship from managers and teams
- Compensation: Competitively paid internships, full-time hours Monday to Friday, with company-designated holidays
- Social Impact: Intern volunteer days, local volunteer events impacting your community
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America