Website Convoy Inc
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Convoy is building a team of diverse, talented, and creative engineers to automate the logistics industry. We’re developing cutting-edge software that makes trucking more efficient and sustainable, all while providing a world-class shipper and carrier experience. We’re looking for people who pride themselves on their ability to create innovative products, balancing urgency with intentionality. You approach every problem, process, and system with a collaborative, open mind and are eager to continue growing your skillset.
- Immediately be paired with a vertically focused team and be indoctrinated into the product they support.
- Ship code your first week- we expect our interns to contribute in meaningful ways right off the bat.
- Have excellent mentorship. Each intern will be paired with an engineering mentor to help guide them through the summer.
- Get the chance to own large, complex projects and see them through to the finish.
- Earn competitive pay and perks.
We’re Looking For Someone Who Has
- A degree in Computer Science IN PROGRESS with a graduation date in 2022.
- Experience with an object oriented language like Java, C++, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Working knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong communication skills and ability to fluently express ideas to business stakeholders.
Nice To Haves
- Previous internship experience is strongly preferred.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!