Be involved in projects with our Structures Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Structural Engineering Intern for our Newark, New Jersey office.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist more experienced Bridge Engineers in broader Engineering activities
- Utilize Excel or MathCAD to perform basic structural engineering calculations to support designs and details developed by senior bridge engineers
- Perform shop drawing review
- Assist with quantity take-offs and cost estimates
- Assist in preparing contract documents including drawings and specifications
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Current standing as a Rising Junior, Senior or Graduate student actively enrolled in an accredited Civil Engineering Undergraduate or Graduate program
- Prior internship experience, leadership experience, or relevant coursework
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong technical writing, analytical and communication skills
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality work products
- The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.
- Must have completed basic foundational courses including: Intro to Engineering, Engineering Drafting course, and Mechanics/Statics
- Additional structural engineering design/analysis classes preferred
- Experience with engineering documents (reading plans, specifications, etc.) preferred
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin and Veterans and Disability.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.