Website UEI College
UEI College is a leader in post-secondary career education. Our mission is to drive personal and community transformation by empowering students to make a positive and enduring life change. We are consistently searching for like-minded compassionate professionals who strive to be the best in their respective fields. Our top candidates share our commitment to helping students build the skills to create a future of which they can be proud.
We are currently seeking a Student Finance Advisor to join our team at our Riverside Campus. In this position you will assist the Director of Student Finance in administering financial aid programs according to Federal, State, Accreditation, and Institutional policies and guidelines.
Primary/Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Complies with all Federal, State, accreditation and institutional policies and procedures.
- Assists in interpreting Federal, State, accrediting agency, and institutional regulations, policies and procedures.
- Interview prospective students to determine financial aid eligibility.
- Ability to prepare and explain Preliminary Award to students and parents.
- Partner with the Admissions department in order to facilitate outstanding service to prospective students and their parents.
- Review student files for completeness and accuracy and submit for review in a timely manner. Responsible for effective communication with students, staff and faculty.
- Collect and maintain confidential student documentation in accordance with Federal, State, accrediting agencies, and institutional policies.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in order to achieve deadlines.
- Review and authorize student’s FA award.
- Prepare and explain Cost Summary Addendum and Enrollment Agreement to students and parents.
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers
- Ensures ethical and accurate documentation and record keeping which meets all company and regulatory agency standards.
- Contribute to the overall success of the department and the student Participate as an active team member of the Corporate Student Financial Services Department and ensure active communication and cohesive working relationship with all other departments.
- At least 1 years of experience in a financial aid department of an accredited college or university with direct responsibility for advising on or awarding Title IV activities or programs preferred.
- Associate’s degree or comparable work experience required. Bachelor’s degree with coursework in math, business, finance, auditing or accounting preferred.
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Must not be debarred from Title IV programs, and not in default on Title IV student loan.
- Must be able to obtain certificate for authorization for service.
- Must not be debarred from Title IV Programs, and not in default on Title IV student loans.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced and dynamic work environment. In addition, full-time colleagues have a variety of benefits available that include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, a generously matched 401(k) plan, voluntary benefits and much more.
If changing students’ lives is also important to you, and you have the qualifications reflected above, we would love to hear from you!