Website Ascend Public Charter Schools
Ascend seeks an experienced student recruitment manager who will oversee a dynamic team of outreach associates to execute our community outreach program in order to fulfill Ascend Public Charter School’s student recruitment goals. Reporting to the director of student recruitment and enrollment, the student recruitment manager will embody Ascend’s community-oriented culture, which includes being present and engaged Monday through Friday in order to support our parent-focused outreach team, and being available in evenings and on occasional weekends for recruitment events. This position is a year-round schedule.
Why extraordinary professionals choose Ascend
Ascend is a network of K-12 public charter schools serving 5,500 students across 15 schools in Central Brooklyn. Our mission is to lead our students on a great intellectual journey, providing them with an exceptional education and placing them firmly on the path to success in college and beyond.
We guide our students to think critically and independently and to enjoy education as an end in itself. We teach a rich and rigorous liberal arts curriculum that nurtures students’ natural curiosity about the world. We foster a positive, non-punitive school culture where students feel connected, empowered, and safe to take academic risks. Even our school buildings are designed to reflect our high aspirations for teaching and learning and the notable accomplishments that occur within our walls.
To create this kind of vibrant learning community, we invest heavily in our team members by providing ongoing, best-of-class professional training and support. We encourage them to collaborate closely and push one another to achieve great outcomes.
You can learn more about the Ascend approach by visiting our website.
The student recruitment manager will coordinate a team of part-time community outreach associates, providing support with employee onboarding, training, shift management, and working in tandem with the director to strategically deploy the team, based on recruitment and enrollment needs. Additionally, the student recruitment manager will:
- Lead the community-based organization (CBO) outreach program in our five Brooklyn neighborhoods by engaging with CBOs, cultivating strong relationships, seeking mutual opportunities to partner with feeder programs and other relevant local businesses with a data-driven mindset
- Quickly develop a keen understanding of our parents’ Ascend-specific knowledge base, what they value in their childrens’ education
- Use quantitative and qualitative data analysis to make decisions about strategy and initiatives
- Work with our communications team to create compelling and relevant collateral and recruiting materials that support our diverse, bilingual populations; manage the production and distribution of collateral and swag across all recruitment activities
- Thought-partner with the student recruitment and enrollment and communications teams on social media campaigns and other recruitment and enrollment strategy
- Execute social media promotion and campaign of student recruitment initiatives
- Plan and manage Ascend-hosted community engagement events and annual lottery
The student recruitment manager reports to the director of student recruitment and enrollment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, marketing, business or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Three or more years of experience executing recruitment or enrollment strategies for an educational organization or non-profit
- Passion and commitment to urban education and our ultimate goal of closing the achievement gap
- Ability to form strong relationships and manage a team
- A “can do” attitude and the enthusiasm to be a hard-working, team player who is relentless in the pursuit of Ascend’s mission
- An openness to accept and implement feedback and engage in a process of self-improvement
- A winning personality and a professional demeanor that conveys warmth, caring, and responsiveness to children, parents, and staff at all times
- A commitment to continuous learning and improvement of oneself, the student recruitment team and Ascend
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A data-driven mindset with a strong focus on creating systems that capture data and allow for data-driven decision-making
- Ability to take a project from start to finish with little guidance
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks of varying complexity and to stay organized in a fast-paced environment
- Robust computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite; experience with MailChimp, HubSpot,
- SchoolMint, Infinite Campus, Facebook and Instagram advertising preferred
- Bilingual or strong Spanish, Haitian Creole or Bengali language skills preferred
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students. Ascend staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities—opening a window to the entire Ascend community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our deeply consequential work.
Ascend offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Please visit www.ascendschools.org/careers to learn more about the benefits of working at Ascend.