Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking a Sustainability / Urban Planner Intern for our Parsippany, NJ office. This position will support an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts in preparing various environmental documents. This individual will help with collecting existing data related to land use, zoning, socioeconomic data, open space, community facilities and be able to help in assessing potential impacts based on proposed improvements.
- Local candidates preferred, no housing stipend provided
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Environmental Science, Sustainability, or other related field.
- Previous internship experience preferred.
- Ability to be self-motivated and function in a team environment.
- Knowledge and ability to use the following computer applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ArcGIS, and other similar tools.
- At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
- Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
- All recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.