Website Emerson Automation Solutions
Want to work with the best and brightest in a company that takes on challenges Never Been Done Before? Emerson Process Systems and Solutions business develops automation software to streamline manufacturing processes. We are looking for students who are interested in gaining real-world experience in this dynamic environment.
As a team member, you’ll share in the satisfaction of delivering industry-leading products and solutions that help provide our customers with safer, more environmentally efficient manufacturing processes. We’ve revolutionized the control industry by extending digital information technologies to the plant floor of process manufacturers, including oil and gas, refining, chemical, life sciences, and alternative energy companies.
The System Integration Engineer Intern will work with senior Emerson Technology team mentors and industry experts to:
- Develop new tools for software test automation
- E nhance. maintain. and/or refactor existing automation
- Research on areas related to virtualization and DevOps
- Learn to use DeltaV Distributed Control System and maintain test systems
- Implement DeltaV Control strategies, graphics development and improve system configuration
- This position is located in Austin, TX
- Relocation benefits are not available for this position
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university entering either the junior, senior, or graduate year
- Pursing Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Previous internship experience a plus
- Experience and interest in programming, including C++, C#, Java, Python, Linux, HTML, CSS, PHP/SQL, Visual Studio
- Courses in automation, testing, embedded systems development, circuit theory, process control
- Demonstrated leadership skills (served in leadership role in student organization).
Additional skills proven to be successful in this position
- Innovative approach to problems
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Housing Stipend
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Paid Holidays
- On-site Gym and Basketball Court
- Immediate Eligibility for 401(k)
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Job Posting Date
Aug 25, 2020, 4:18:30 PM
Job Number: 20005799