SummaryWe exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.Job Description
OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Our top-rated summer internship program is designed to give college students relevant work experience in specific functions, providing a deeper understanding of the processes of a Fortune 500 organization. The program offers interesting challenges, valuable experience, and an opportunity to get to know Thrivent. This 12-week internship is a key piece of Thrivent’s entry-level talent program to ensure a strong talent pipeline to meet the needs of the organization now and into the future. The internship program offers assignments to refine your skills and experience while giving you exposure to multiple business areas.
As a Systems Engineer Intern, you will work closely with various team members within Thrivent to build creative technical solutions to take on complex problems. You will be immersed with our teams to assist in project management risk assessment to help deliver on key business capabilities that enable Thrivent to provide the best experience to our members.
- You will assist in projects in the following areas: database administration (SQL, DB2, IMS, etc.), systems administration (IBM z/os, Linux, Active Directory), network systems, and/or telecommunications
- Collaborate within a complementary team of skillsets and experience levels to deliver results using various methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.)
- You will dedicatedly mitigate risks for assigned assets, technologies, or platforms
Required Job Qualifications
- Currently a junior in an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or MIS
- A proven history of excellent academic performance (GPA 3.0+)
- Disciplined, with strong personal management and organization skills
- Strong problem identification and analytical skills
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- A proven teammate with high technical capability
- Open to intern in our offices full-time during normal business hours
- Ability to work in the United States for indefinite period without sponsorship
Additional Program Information
- Offering competitive compensation
- Full intern event program including development, networking, and social activities.
- Interns coming from greater than 50 miles from school or home location are eligible for a relocation stipend.
Location: Appleton, WI or Minneapolis, MN
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex , gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any otherstatus protected by applicable local, state , or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation , please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.