Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Our Transportation Solutions Operation delivers cutting-edge research in some of the most exciting technological fields and advances state-of-the-practice solutions in transportation safety. Anew era of mobilityrequiresspecialized expertise toaddressparadigm shifts inhowwe travel and move goods.
Wesupportour Customers With
- Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Aircraft Traffic Planning and Operations
- Human Factors Research
- Analysis, Modeling and Simulation
- Transportation Safety and Operations, and Asset Management
- e-Construction and Accelerated Construction
- Freight Efficiency
- Research Facility Management
Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking a Systems Integrator Intern to support the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) program, a cutting-edge program with advanced NextGen capabilities providing much desired capacity and efficiency improvements to airport surface management for a wide range of stakeholders such as traffic flow managers, air traffic controllers, ramp controllers, pilots and the airlines’ airport operators. TFDM allows these stakeholders many advantages, staging arrivals and departures by providing a shared awareness of flights on the ground, an ability to exchange data electronically with real time picture of traffic volume/movement and a predictive modeling tool for tactical planning and required airport traffic separation. Full functionality is planned to be deployed to 27 large, high-density airports with 62 additional airports receiving improved Electronic Flight Data (EFD), Surface Management (SMN) and Electronic Flight Strip (EFS) capabilities.
- The selected candidate will work with engineers for system-level integration of new features and capabilities while supporting the implementation and verification of system specifications and requirements.
- As a Systems Integrator Intern in a fast-paced environment, the candidate will support numerous baselines and COTS products, providing scripting/coding expertise to enhance tools, scripts and scenarios to allow various software products to work together in a simulated or live interface test environment.
- The selected candidate is expected to have knowledge, background or experience applying software development principles to integrate, test, troubleshoot and verify requirements on implemented solutions.
- The candidate must have a good academic understanding or experience in systems, software or test engineering concepts and principles across full SW Development Life Cycle.
- The candidate is expected to assist in authoring and/or contributing to the development of technical work products, such as engineering test approaches, test procedures, integration and test requirements to support customer deliverables (CDRLs).
- The candidate should also have strong organizational skills, be attentive to detail and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working toward’s a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Candidates must be enrolled in a degree program in a relevant discipline.
- Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
US Citizenship Requirements
Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
Leidos is growing!Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.