Intern – Talent Management and Inclusion
15-20 hours a week, remote-based, flexible schedule
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose – to improve health.
As an intern you will have the opportunity to learn about the PPD’s perspective on and commitment to diversity and inclusion. You’ll work with the HR Talent Management team to identify opportunities to better embed inclusion into our practices, review processes, build content to drive enhanced awareness of D&I and support our business resource groups with their goals.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. As an intern, you’ll have mentorship and guidance as well as exposure to a variety of tasks and projects to help you prepare for your future career.
Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence – apply now!
- Assisting team members with designated tasks that drive the overall objectives of the function
- Participating in departmental and/or organization wide special projects aimed to achieving annual priorities
- Attending and participating in meetings and conference calls
- Participating in training sessions relevant to your designated functional area
- Other ad-hoc tasks under the direction of the PPD supervisor
Education And Experience
- Must be enrolled in an Undergraduate program as a rising junior or rising senior
- Human Resources, Sociology, Psychology, or Gender studies majors preferred
- Previous participation with diversity and inclusion related clubs, initiatives or projects preferred.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail, with proven ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Good English and grammar skills
- High level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive.
Below Is Listed The Working Environment/requirements For This Role
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.