Poshmark is the largest community marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell and share their personal style. With millions of shoppers and seller stylists, Poshmark brings together a vibrant community every day to express themselves and share their love of fashion.
As a Training Specialist on our Community team you will be responsible for assisting with managing, designing, developing, coordinating, and facilitating our onboarding and training programs. You will work closely with the Training Manager to identify training needs and map out training plans/agendas for both new hires and existing team members. Our ideal candidate has experience with both the development of training materials and with facilitation.
The Ideal Training Specialist
- Is a critical thinker with a high attention to detail
- Takes pride in the consistency of their work
- Has strong organizational skills
- Can communicate and collaborate with colleagues of varying levels
- Has strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Believes in a customer service mentality
- Can present complex information to a variety of audiences
- Is flexible and able to adapt quickly to changes and shifting priorities
- Operates with a solutions – driven mindset
- Identify training needs by evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of existing programs, learning materials, workshops, etc
- Create and develop training materials, retention exercises and learning activities
- Create training plans/calendars and properly communicate training expectations to trainees
- Acclimate new hires to the business and conduct orientation sessions
- Facilitate training workshops and activities
- Communicate with managers or leads in regards to training progress, outcomes and individual performance of trainees
- Collaborate with the greater training team to develop new ways to train associates
- Collaborate with subject matter experts from other teams to develop training materials that support other departments in their workflow
- Regularly update case handling doc and training materials to reflect process changes and feature updates
- Periodically evaluate training materials/program to ensure it reflects any business or process changes
- Make recommendations on future training improvements based on feedback and observations during training sessions
- Thorough understanding of our app and our product
- Be familiar with the basics of Lessonly (our LMS)
- Complete your first development project
- Solid understanding of systems and processes for new hire training
- Facilitate at least one group of new hire training
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Solid understanding of all advanced and escalated processes
- Facilitate multiple new hire trainings
- Facilitate trainings for advanced processes
- Complete multiple development projects
- Make recommendations on how to improve the training experience for future trainees/groups
- At least one year of experience as a training specialist in a similar field (operations, customer support and/or tech)
- Proven and direct experience with creating and developing training materials, retention exercises and learning activities
- Proven experience facilitating training workshops and activities
- Track record of working with complex processes and subjects that require critical thinking
- Demonstrated project management experience and the ability to take a project from ideation to implementation
- Experience working with an LMS
You would have a competitive advantage if you..
- Worked with Lessonly in the past
- Know your way around Google Suite
- Have experience with Adobe Suite
Poshmark is a leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers. Through technology, our mission is to build the world’s most connected shopping experience, while empowering people to build thriving retail businesses. Since launching in 2011, Poshmark has become a vibrant social shopping community with seven million Seller Stylists helping 60 million users discover items they love from over 100 million listings. The company is backed by the world’s leading investment firms including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Temasek, Inventus Capital, Uncork Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s What We’ll Set You Up With
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.