Website NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Job ID: 12158
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
We are seeking a part-time intern to join our Electronics Validation & Test Group within Flight Electronic. This intern will have the opportunity to contribute in the following ways:
- Design, integrate and execute test plans and procedures for specialized, mission-critical hardware and software systems used for avionics and flight system verification.
- Support senior engineers with the development of Compute Element Electronics for the Psyche mission.
- Modifying and creating new test procedures and scripts.
- Modifying and creating test software running on the flight computer.
- Testing EM and flight hardware functions and delivering systems to flight projects.
- Enrollment at a local (within 50 miles of JPL’s Pasadena, CA location) college or university during the time of the internship.
- Majoring in electrical engineering or related major.
- Cumulative GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week during the summer and between 8 to 30 hours per week during the school year.