Website Wells Fargo
Important Note During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as ‘Personal Cell’ or ‘Cellular’ in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, and both individual and institutional retirement.
Wells Fargo Asset Management (WFAM) is seeking an intern to join our team during the 2020 fall semester as a full-time intern and the internship could be extended through the spring 2021 semester. Our goal is to build bench-strength as well as increase our commitment to diversity in WFAM. This opportunity is ideal for a recent graduate interested in working in a collaborative environment which is focused on personal and professional development while learning the investment management industry. The intern will be exposed to the day-to-day responsibilities of an analyst, and will gain comprehensive professional and industry experience.
The Portfolio Analyst Quant Intern will work with the Golden Capital equity team. The team manages over $8bn in quantitatively-driven equity portfolios, and are looking for a quantitative research analyst to assist with the research and development of quantitative investment strategies. The successful candidate will have strong programming skills with the ability to build quantitative models. The successful candidate will be a part of the research team, working closely beside experienced quantitative researchers and portfolio managers, in a collaborative, team-focused environment.
The role requires strong computer programing, quantitative and technical skills, a research-focus, and the ability to work well in a team. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and be able to proficiently write code to model the economic theory, financial analysis, and statistical methods of the Golden Capital Equity Team.
Responsibilities for this role include, but may not be limited to
- Performing programming tasks such as data processing, aggregation, and visualization (preferred languages R, python, and SQL)
- Systematically decomposing strategy returns to understand their underlying drivers
- Reviewing academic literature on topics relevant to the team’s process
- Running stress-testing and scenario analysis on investment strategies
- Conducting quantitative research to facilitate the forecasting of stock risk and returns
- 1+ year of investment research experience; or a BA/BS degree or higher in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, or engineering
- A Master’s degree or higher in operations research, applied statistics, economics, computer science, electrical engineering or a related field
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP) experience
- Python experience
- Experience with R programming language
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL
- Knowledge and understanding of financial markets
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Leadership experience
- Ability to gather, organize, and interpret data
Other Desired Qualifications
- Proven computer programming experience through demonstrated coursework, internship, co-op or part-time position strongly preferred.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and quantitative abilities that can be demonstrated through coursework in, computer programming, finance, accounting, statistics, and math, as well as in work-related and project management experience
- Analysts are required to hold a bachelor’s degree by the time the training program begins
- A graduation date of 2018 through May 2020 is preferred
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and quantitative abilities that can be demonstrated through coursework in finance, accounting, statistics, and math, as well as in work-related and project management experience
- Business experience through internship, co-op, or part-time position preferred
- Quick intellect
NC-Charlotte 401 S Tryon St – Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.