Navy Federal Credit Union
YOUR LIFE’S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important To You Is Important To Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members’ and their families’ lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- FORTUNE® Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
To gain valuable insight into Navy Federal’s business, technology, resources and procedures by providing support in focused areas, applying knowledge and education. Participate in a collaborative, team driven network and interact with multiple departments. Receive guidance and direction from team and management. Utilize and further develop technical and soft skills, business knowledge, analytical techniques and creative problem solving abilities. Provide professional execution of day to day tasks and special projects while working within established standards, policies and procedures. This is a year-round, Full or Part –Time, flexible internship based on school schedule.
This intern will be responsible for supporting Corporate Systems functions, projects and activities, to include, but not limited to: Research, analysis, testing and administrative support, as needed.
- Provide support to assigned department; may work on small projects or portions of larger projects
- Perform research and analysis of system functionality to support the analyst role
- Process and update data in automated systems; may generate and analyze reporting needs of Corporate Systems Team
- Assist with administrative support of the team’s SharePoint site including developing and maintaining content and pages
- Support system testing activities for Production incidents, work requests and Project initiatives, as necessary.
- Apply knowledge gained through degree program into day-to-day responsibilities
- Able and open to take direction from management and/or senior level team members
- Assist and collaborate with various leverls of staff to accomplish tasks/assignments
- Support business strategy and initiatives within the business unit and/or across the organization
- Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective Self Starter
- Candidate must be able to manage multiple priorities indenpendently and/or in a team environment to achieve goal
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with Microsoft Office suite – specifically, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective skill following, interpreting and applying relevant data/instructions to guidelines, procedures, practices, and regulations
- Exposure to SQL, Tableau, and Power BI
- Familiarity of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts and tasks
- Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Design & Development or other related field
- A requirement of this position is you must be currently enrolled in college level courses or a degree-seeking program throughout the duration of the internship. You must also have a minimum 2.0 Grade Point Average.
Hours:Monday-Saturday 8:00AM – 4:30PM (ability to be flexible around school schedule). This schedule allows for a set day off during the standard work week.
Locations: HQ, Vienna, VA
“Due to COVID-19 and social distancing, this position may require working from home temporarily with plans to return to campus at the desired location listed once Navy Federal is back to normal operations. The specific logistics for returning to campus will be determine at a future date by individual leadership.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.