Snapchat is a camera and messaging app that connects people to their friends and the world. Every day around the globe, millions of people use Snapchat to communicate with friends, build relationships, play, and learn. No matter where you are or how you express yourself, it’s always the fastest way to share a moment!
Snap Engineering teams build fun and technically sophisticated products that reach hundreds of millions of Snapchatters around the world, every day. We’re deeply committed to the well-being of everyone in our global community, which is why our values are at the root of everything we do. We move fast, with precision, and always execute with privacy at the forefront.
Some core features we build and maintain include Snapchat’s Camera, Creative Tools, Maps, Chat, Memories, Stories, Discover, Games, and Minis. Our Infrastructure teams deliver an innovative and cost-efficient platform that ensures Snapchat is the fastest way to communicate with your friends, no matter where you are in the world. We have one of the fastest growing digital ad platforms, and our Monetization teams drive measurable returns for advertisers through novel ad formats like Augmented Reality. As a Snap Engineering team member, you’ll help us build the future of communication.
We’re looking for an Applied Data Scientist to join Snap Inc!
What You’ll Do
- Develop state-of-the-art methodologies for research problems that have high business impact, including areas of statistical and causal inference, user modeling, social network analysis, etc
- Apply engineering and analytical practices to help engineering and product teams solve challenging business problems
- Collaborate and work closely with the engineering and business teams to provide rigorous analytical insights and make important product decisions
- Build a long-term vision on growing the research areas on business impact
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong statistical or machine learning background, such as in experimental design and analysis, causal inference, social network analysis, graph modeling
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner to a senior audience
- PhD in mathematics, statistics, computer science, micro-economics or other quantitative field or equivalent years of experience
- Experience in quantitative analysis & data science or a related field
- Fluency in SQL, R, Python or other big data querying and programming languages
- Publications to top conferences such as KDD, NeurIPS, WSDM, or top journals in stats or business
- Experience with a programming language, such as Python
- Experience with causal inference techniques, experimental design and/or A/B testing
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Benefits : Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!