San Ramon, CA
CooperVision, a division of CooperCompanies (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The Company produces a full array of daily disposable, two-week and monthly contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia and childhood myopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com
The Cooper Companies, Inc. (“Cooper”) is a global medical device company publicly traded on the NYSE (NYSE:COO). Cooper operates through two business units, CooperVision and CooperSurgical. CooperVision brings a refreshing perspective on vision care with a commitment to developing a wide range of high-quality products for contact lens wearers and providing focused practitioner support. CooperSurgical is committed to advancing the health of women, babies and families with its diversified portfolio of products and services focusing on medical devices and fertility & genomics. Headquartered in Pleasanton, CA, Cooper has more than 12,000 employees with products sold in over 100 countries. For more information, please visit www.coopercos.com.
The Cooper Companies, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.
This role will be contributor to the External Financial Reporting team and will be helping in drafting the Company’s Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, and other SEC filings, as needed.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities
- Assist in the preparation of Earnings Per Share calculations including dividend and treasury stock reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of all SEC periodical and other reports (Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, Form 8-K, etc.), including MD&A
- Assist in the preparation of required XBRL exhibits
- Prepare and file governmental reports
- Assist in the preparation of equity-based compensation reports
- Assist in accounting research and drafting of accounting memos
- Provide support to internal and external auditors as required and ensure SOX compliance
- Assist in the preparation and review of annual impairment of goodwill and other intangible assets
- Provide support internal reporting team, as required
- Point of contact for external auditors during quarterly reviews, annual audits and interim test work. Assist in managing external auditors’ requests and schedules in order to complete quarterly reviews and annual audits in accordance with reporting deadlines, Board of Director meetings, Audit Committee meetings, etc
- Assist in the preparation and disbursement of Financial Reporting packages to upper management (CEO, CFO, Controller, VP’s, etc.)
- Liaison with operating units and other corporate departments – Legal, Tax, Treasury, Investor Relations, Segment Finance
- Support action plans to improve processes, automate and streamline external reporting.
Special projects as required
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly balance sheet and income statement fluctuation analysis
CooperVision’s management team is committed to the development of and implementation of the quality management system and maintaining its effectiveness by communicating to the organization the importance of meeting customer as well as statutory and regulatory requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of SEC filing requirements and US GAAP, preferred.
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Key competencies include team player, ability to work independently.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Professional office setting
- Willing to report to work in the Victor, NY/San Ramon, CA/Other office.
- This is a paid internship
- Occasionally lift up to 10 lbs.
- Prolonged sitting in front of a computer
- Potential exposure to caustic chemicals
- Not required, but prior Internship experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
United States-California-San Ramon
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Marketing & Advertising
- Consumer Goods