Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission Impossible. Recent innovative break-out films such as Interstellar, Arrival and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount’s film legacy. Paramount Pictures Television’s 13 Reasons Why, The Alienist and Jack Reacher have also been thrilling audiences. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount’s passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which reaches 700 million global subscribers through MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and other media networks.
More specifically, these responsibilities will include, but won’t be limited to
Under the guidance of the VP of Analytics, this role is responsible for supporting the improvement of decision-making across the studio – from within the Theatrical Marketing department – via data exploration, analysis, reporting, and visualization.
- Monitoring real-time audience reactions and key metrics across social, digital media, and various other audience feedback platforms to identify trends and uncover insights that help shape strategies and tactics
- Tracking and compiling industry trends, and performing competitive analyses to inform marketing and content strategies
- Contributing to the creation of reporting deliverables for a broad range of creative, technical, and business partners
- Supporting the development of front-end dashboards and tools to help deliver insights to key stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Partnering with key stakeholders in the IT organization to assist with the capture, storage, and processing of the data itself
- Supporting data quality assurance exercises, including some manual data entry
- Serving in a project management capacity to help the Analytics team balance its wide slate of projects
- Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to juggle multiple projects with varying degrees of completion and priority
- Track record of identifying key questions, performing quantitative and qualitative analyses independently, and communicating findings in a clear and concise manner
- Willingness and capability to quickly learn new programs/tools that aid in analytical analyses
- A genuine interest in the rapidly evolving entertainment industry, and the desire for a future in entertainment analytics
- Completed coursework, certification(s), and/or demonstrable ability to display analytical and technical expertise
- Knowledge about and demonstrable experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, specifically, is a plus)
- Hands on SQL experience
- Some Python and R familiarity
- Advanced Excel expertise (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, advanced conditional formatting, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree a plus — preferably in Business, Marketing, Analytics, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience at an entertainment studio and/or streaming platform
- Working knowledge about marketing/media, digital analytics, and marketing attribution
- Working knowledge about the MarTech/AdTech landscape
- Familiarity with the social media landscape — including platforms, metrics, etc.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.