Headquartered in beautiful Santa Barbara, HG Insights is the global leader in technology intelligence. HG Insights uses advanced data science methodologies to help the world’s largest technology firms and the fastest growing companies accelerate their sales, marketing, and strategy efforts.
We offer a competitive salary, growth potential, and a casual yet professional environment. Get your sweat on at one of our fitness classes or go for a run along the beach which is two blocks away. You can find employees riding bikes to lunch in the funk zone or hanging out in one of our collaboration spaces. We are passionate about our jobs with a get-it-done attitude, yet we don’t take ourselves too seriously. While we work very hard, we also enjoy all that the Santa Barbara coast has to offer.
What You’ll Do:
HG Insights is experiencing significant growth and in need of a Data Analyst Intern to work directly with our customers on their utilization of our data solutions. This role will challenge you to think creatively and ask questions about data leading to better solutions for our customers and enhancements to our internal processes that create the data. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about data and can analyze and translate technical concepts to a sales and marketing audience.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent grad or rising junior or senior college student to gain hands-on experience with all facets of Data in a supportive small business environment.
This is a paid internship opportunity for someone who wants ‘on the job’ experience and/or a future career as a Data Analyst and can ideally make a commitment of at least three months. Our Data Analyst Intern would be required to work two- three days per week, with flexible scheduling for current students to help work around academic commitments. Come work in our fast-paced, yet super supportive environment where all ideas are welcome!
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Perform triage, root cause analysis, and corrections to data issues reported by customers or exception reports.
- Support the sales and Customer Success teams’ data requests.
- Explain best practices associated with HG Insights points to customers via Email and phone.
- Prep and Deliver data to customers.
- Become a resident expert on HG Insights’s data sets, products, and markets – including Big Data, Data-as-a-Service, Predictive and Analytical Markets.
- Explore additional ways in which HG can activate data sets for customers.
What You’ll Need:
- SQL Experience
- Proficient in Excel – Vlookups, Pivot Tables
- Experience with a BI tool like Tableau desired
- Excellent listener and problem solver capable of recommending solutions to customer requests and technical issues.
- 0 to 3 years professional experience.
- Completed or working towards a BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field.
Due to Covid-19, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We are forward to welcoming our teams back to a safe and collaborative workplace environment in August 2021. Employee safety is top of mind as we transition back to the office and we will be taking all precautions seriously. For more information on how we are doing this, please speak with one of our HR team members.