About the job
As the global leader in ATM deployment and management, no one operates more ATMs in more locations than Cardtronics. Our processing network, service delivery platform, operational expertise and scale advantages are being leveraged for cost-effective expansion into new markets of opportunity through both organic growth and targeted acquisitions. Cardtronics puts a relentless focus on improving the productivity of our ATMs for the benefit of retailers, consumers and financial institutions alike.
At Cardtronics, we are Champions of Cash… because it matters. Our purpose-driven mission is to ensure cash remains accessible and viable in our markets around the globe. Cash is woven into the very fabric of society. Cash is… a good meal with friends, learning financial responsibility, giving, caring, durable, and so much more.
The Data Analytics team at Cardtronics is looking for talent to build a world class analytics organization. We are building a work class team of data analysts, business analysts & data scientists with strategic, analytical, quantitative and modelling skills to solve complex company challenges and improve the way we operate, each day every day.
Highly motivated individuals will be selected for a 12-14 week (with a possibility of a performance based extension) Analyst Development Program for Cardtronics. The selected candidates will work on a well-defined project with clear goals that will require a combination of analytical, technical (programming), quantitative & strong communication skills. The focus areas will be within the Data Analytics/Business Intelligence/Data Science needs relevant for Cardtronics business growth while providing immense opportunity to learn and grow. Project definition:
- Build Reports, Dashboards, Visualizations & drive change management – Training and adoption
- Understand Cardtronics data structures, databases and Business to data conversion subject matter expertise to independently run data queries to create reports & explain analysis
- Be an integral part of the data warehousing project and work closely with the technology teams to groom sprint stories, do UAT’s and validations
- Understand user data needs and translate to build dashboards & powerful visualizations in Business Intelligence tool Logi
- Drive change management activities such as Training users on dashboards to drive adoption and self-service for the users, other user forums to answer questions on data, usability and drive evolution of the dashboards
- The right candidate will be self-motivated and have a “Product Maker” mindset in approaching the internship. Strong conceptual thinking to understand the business and ability to grasp analytical & technical concepts
- The candidate will work directly under the supervision of a Manager with expertise in the area for supervision in defining project goals, milestones and deliverables through the duration of the 12-14 weeks.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues from Sales, Operations, Product, Finance and others to understand their domain, processes and come with solutions for their problems and tools to make their day to day operations efficient and effective
- Strategic and Analytical Orientation: Experienced in decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking for framework creation combined with strong quantitative orientation to solve complex problems with rigorous analytics and monitoring
- Strong Technical/Programming Skills: Orientation to & ability to code in languages such as SQL, Python, integrate structured & unstructured internal & external data sources to create user interfaces, adept at building visualizations using UI tools
- Strong orientation and experience in building reporting visualizations, dashboards using tools such as Logi/Zoom, Alteryx, Arcadia, Tableau, Business Objects, Micro Strategy, Cognos or others
- Strong Communication Skills: Strong written and oral communication skills coupled with skills to influence and drive agreement through intellectual, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Execution Focus: Build and manage execution plans of business intent, requirements, execute against the strategy and monitor results
- Results Focus: Focused on achieving short- and long-term goals. Able to drive and execute an agenda in uncertain, fluid environment with minimal supervision
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: Tenacious decision maker able to bring healthy, aggressive yet responsible approach to business
Education, Experience, Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical or Software Engineering, Data Science or related fields
- Strong SQL and Python programming skills
- Knowledge of relational databases – design, modelling, debugging, and query optimization
- Hands on experience with UI tools such as Logi/Zoom, Tableau, Alteryx, Arcadia or any others
- Strong new data technology orientation with new coding languages/open source databases
- Proficiency in version control/SCM
- Advanced skills in MS Office
- Pivot tables, vlookup and complex formulae in Excel