At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
Nearly everyone in Data Operations starts as a Data Operations Associate. In this role you will join one of our data-set teams with an initial focus on mastering our data management tool and direct outreach processes. Once mastered, you will create outbound campaigns using email and/or phone calls to gather and update data in our platform. The focus will be on primary research, which is the collection of proprietary data obtained from contacts at investment and advisory firms involved in PE and VC deals, or the companies being funded with private capital. This learning process and growth of industry knowledge creates a pathway for our Data Operations Associates to grow into Senior Data Operations Associates and Team Leads within Data Operations or a variety of roles on other teams at PitchBook.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Building relationships with industry professionals at private equity and venture capital backed companies, service providers or private investment firms
- Managing email and/or call campaigns with the goal of gathering and verifying private markets data
- Working with marketing, editorial and customer success teams to tailor email messaging, meet reporting deadlines and better understand client use cases
- Leveraging technology-based tools to ensure that proprietary data is added to the PitchBook Platform efficiently and with the utmost quality
- Working with team to develop and improve processes, tools and methodologies
- Taking on projects to identify opportunities to improve upon the core quality metrics (comprehensiveness, accuracy, timeliness)
- Becoming an expert in PitchBook’s core research areas of private equity, venture capital and M&A through dedicated training
Skills and Qualifications:
- Communication skills, both verbal and in written materials, targeting an audience all the way up to the executive level
- A strong sense of urgency, as well as comfort making a high volume of outbound calls on a daily basis
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organization methods and top-notch multi-tasking skills
- Incessant curiosity, innovative thinking and meticulous work habits
- A background or interest in the private equity, venture capital and M&A industries
- 1 – 2 years professional experience, which might be in the form of an internship
- Bachelor’s degree required
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.