Omnitracs, LLC is the source for private and for-hire fleets seeking fleet management solutions, including software applications, platforms, and information services. Our intuitive technologies, including solutions for safety and compliance, driver retention, GPS fleet tracking, and fleet maintenance software, can help you solve common fleet problems and achieve your fleet management objectives. With thousands of trucking customers across the Americas, Omnitracs leads the way for fleet management solutions.
In this role the intern will support data scientist in identifying relevant data sets, build repeatable methods to enhance the data sets, including when applicable researching external 3 rd party data
- Utilize statistical techniques to develop analysis on correlations, trend with telematics and location data
- Develop and identify predictors for forecasting and predictive modeling related to safety metrics and trucking activity
- Develop and present visualizations in support of the analysis
- Rising Junior, Senior, Master’s or PhD student pursuing a degree inData Science, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or other related discipline
- Experience with R/Python and SQL
- Experience with data visualization via python and/or excel
- Statistical analysis either via course work or via projects
- Experience with Athena(AWS) or other cloud
- Knowledge of trucking industry
- Personal and professional development
- 1:1 Mentorship Opportunities
- Executive Speaker Series
- Fun and engaging social events
- Rated the “Standout Virtual Internship Program of 2020” by WayUp
May 2021 – August 2021 (9 weeks-Remote)
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial, or local municipal law.