DATA SCIENCE INTERNSHIP
Remote, United States
Organization: Chegg Skills Data Science & Analytics
The Chegg Skills Data Science & Analytics team is composed of data scientists and business analysts. The team influences strategy and works closely with the product, engineering, marketing, and business leaders and is responsible for generating insights and reporting for the new careers products and services at Chegg.
Role: Data Science Internship
We’re looking for highly motivated interns to join our team and work on a number of applied data science and analytics problems within the education and career space. Interns on our Data Science team will apply data mining and analytical skills to help make critical business decisions and drive key business metrics.
- Work closely with others on the Data Science & Analytics team, as well as cross-functionally with product, marketing, engineering, and business teams to understand project goals.
- Identify, gather and transform data from a variety of sources.
- Perform rigorous statistical analysis, including significance testing, forecasting, and modeling.
- Build dashboards, slide decks, reports, and presentations to share analytical insights with stakeholders and business leaders.
- Pursuing a Bachelor/MS Degree in a quantitative field (computer science, statistics, engineering, economics, or a related field)
- A strong interest in using data mining and statistical models to understand user needs, drive business metrics and improve product efficiencies
- Strong data extraction skills using SQL
- Experience with advanced analytical and data visualization methods
- Experience with a scripting language, preferably Python or R
- Self-motivated; independent, organized, and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable when working across multiple product teams
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with real-world data that may be ambiguous or incomplete
- Strong creative and critical thinking skills. Attention to details.
- Buy-in to Chegg’s mission of providing support for students undertaking their next big challenge
- Be legally allowed to work in the US (US citizen, green card, or F1 student visa holder)
- Have the ability to work for a continuous 10 weeks in the summer of 2021
Nice To Have
- Experience with Databricks
- Experience using Amazon Web Services
- Experience building dashboards through platforms like Tableau
Chegg out our intern program!
See what it’s like to be a Chegg intern!
Learn more about Chegg!
Chegg puts students first. As the leading connected learning platform, the company makes higher education more affordable, more accessible, and more successful for students. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California, and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG. For more information, visit www.chegg.com.
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
United States Remote: This is a remote position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
- Computer Software
- Education Management
- General Business