As a Data Scientist in the Source-to-Settle team, you will be developing statistical methodologies and models to monitor the effectiveness of the business, detect anomalies, and identify business improvement opportunities. This requires collaborating with various business leaders and senior management to understand business needs, provide accurate techniques to quantify effectiveness, and effectively present and communicate results.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include
- Take defined business objectives and produce analytics to provide actionable insights
- Effectively communicating with Procurement, Expense, Accounts Payable and senior business leaders to facilitate broader analytics understanding
- Develop presentations and lead discussions on results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner through creative visualization
- Researching, prototyping, and testing new methodologies for measuring effectiveness and building predictive algorithms
- Developing post-hoc methods to improve the accuracy and efficiency of estimation
- Be a leader in statistics and data analysis for the entire analytics team
- Develop models for anomaly detection, fraud detection, recommendations, etc.
- Identify new patterns through data mining
- Miscellaneous tasks to support the reporting operations
Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Statistics or related fields
- At least 3 years of experience in OBIEE/ Oracle Analytics Cloud, Data Warehouse, SQL, ML, NLP
- Expertise with a statistical analysis software package (R, Python, or similar)
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with focus on practical business implications.
- Self-motivated, independent, organized and proactive
- Ability to think critically and work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Procurement, Travel & Expense, or Accounts Payable analytics experience is a plus.
- Capable of quickly becoming familiar with new approaches to Machine Learning.
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency, and compliance in support of the organization*s financial and tactical business objectives. Provides business practices and processes. Develops, communicates, and trains the organization on business practices and processes.
Provides programs to improve operational efficiency, consistency, and compliance in support of the organization’s financial and tactical business objectives. Provides business practices and processes. Develops, communicates, and trains the organization on business practices and processes.
Serve as a liaison with other divisions such as Finance, Contracts, HR, Legal, Shared Services, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, and Risk Management in an effort to ensure accurate and timely transaction processing. Collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to measure key performance indicator actual versus business objectives. Provide updates to management regarding budget to actual, informing them of deviations and opportunities. Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions and/or deals. Communicate Oracle Business Practices to the organization and monitor process and approvals for full compliance. Drive implementation of new processes and procedures.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Attention to detail critical. Ability to collect, organize, and display data in spreadsheet format. Follow-through skills necessary to get information from internal and third parties and have data errors/omissions corrected. For this, relationship management skills strongly desired. Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with management and possible clients desired. 5 plus years relevant work experience.
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.