Party City Holdings, Inc. is the largest party goods supplier and party retail chain in the world. We are also the country’s premier retailer of Halloween costumes, accessories, and decorations. Party City Holdings is made up of two divisions, Party City Retail Group (PCRG) and AMSCAN Wholesale. At Party City Holdings, we like to have fun! We are helpful, passionate, and creative. We inspire our customers with exciting concepts, themes and ideas and provide everything they need to bring them to life. We make it easy to create unforgettable moments.
Anagram International is the world leader in Foil Balloon Sales and a unit of Party City Holdco Inc. (PRTY) a $2.4B company.
This position reports to the Sr. Finance Manager with support to the VP of Finance, President, and Functional Leaders across Anagram.
Duties and Responsibilities
Data Science has become very important in the Finance community, it is utilized for Better Risk Management, Scenario Planning, and summarizing Analytical Trends.
Data will be a key enabler for Anagram and Party City Holdings Inc (PCHI) in decision making and the Finance Data Analyst will be a key piece of designing, publishing, and deciphering data in an insightful way to help make smart decisions. An ideal candidate is skilled at connecting multiple data points and summarizing, completing projects on time, and is naturally curious about streamlining and improving processes.
- Build out and support daily, weekly, and monthly reporting needs of Anagram functions and leadership
- Help maintain and develop user friendly critical KPI dashboards used by Senior Management
- Troubleshoot data integrity issues and standardize as much as possible
- Drive consistent data hierarchy development, process maps, and validation processes based on feedback from IT and business users.
- Act as project manager to create clear and attainable project objectives, build project requirements, and manage project resources in the achievement of business goals.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills, Education Required
- S. or B.A. in Finance, Engineering, Data Science, IT, or Business.
- 1-4 years of experience in Finance, Business Analysis, Data Analysis, IT or related.
- Experience using Microsoft tools, can write SQL queries (e.g. Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc., ERP system knowledge, Cognos BI. Experience in implementing reporting tools is a plus.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify key trends/drivers and translating financial data into meaningful explanations.
- Exceptional skills using Excel for data analysis and reporting, data modeling, Power Pivot
- A strong interest in understanding the business, willingness to ask questions and ability to pursue answers along with desire to grow responsibilities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, including flexibility to changing priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal throughout all levels of company.
- Possess experience and good business sense relative to manufacturing operations.
- Ability to challenge, when appropriate, existing procedures, offering alternative suggestions to increase efficiency and/or accuracy of data management.
- Effective communications skills, both written and verbal throughout all levels of the company.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Works well in high pressure, fast paced and high transactional environments.
- Strong work ethic and personal responsibility to see things through to completion.
Expected Working Hours
This role works remotely during COVID, but normally out of the Eden Prairie, MN office building. This is a ~40 hour work week role with the understanding of peaks and valleys with Financial Reporting and data driven projects.
FLSA Working conditions:
This role requires significant computer utilization and prolonged periods of sitting.
At Party City Holdings, Inc., People Matter. Everyone is welcome to join the Party. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to our associates and qualified candidates for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. PCHI celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.