Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with more than 208 million paying members in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix’s Global Production Finance team plans, manages, and tracks the finances of all Original shows and films that Netflix produces. With over 200 production finance executives around the world, thousands of accountants managing thousands of shows across different formats, languages and countries, our success depends upon having rapid access to data and analyses that inform broad Studio and Production decisions.
We are looking for a stunning Data Analyst to join the Production Finance team. This role will support a wide range of data and analysis requests from Production Finance team members all over the world, and secondarily colleagues in Production Management, VFX, Post Production, and other Studio teams seeking financial information. Analyses performed by this role will directly affect both operational and strategic decisions made by Studio leaders and production managers. Our Studio maintains a rich ecosystem of data and information about all of the shows and films we create – more productions per year than any other Studio in the world. Our pod of Data Analysts will focus on data pertaining to production cost, cash planning, locations, economic impact, cast, crew, vendors, and transaction detail, to name a few.
Role and Responsibilities
- Gather and structure needed data sets from among the dozens of tables in our data warehouse
- Execute data driven analyses on ad hoc requests related to production cost, cash, vendors, payroll, transactions, and economic impact
- Produce data reports or visual reports as needed to inform near-term Studio decisions
- Collaborate with the Data Science & Engineering team to improve our data ecosystem over time, including the data itself and the tools that will help us to scale analytics
- Previous experience working in Finance, Accounting, or Studio Production
- Hands-on experience with SQL and relational data warehouses
- Expertise with spreadsheet-based tools like Google Sheets or Excel
- Capable with one or more business intelligence or data visualization platform (e.g., Tableau, MicroStrategy, Looker, Qlik Sense, Power BI, Google Data Studio, or similar)
- Strong data presentation and storytelling skills
- Strong communicator; able to collaborate and maintain relationships with partners on both the Studio business teams and the Data Science & Engineering team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; able to thrive with minimal oversight and process