About the job
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
We are looking for Research Interns to join the Facebook AI Applied Research Speech and Multi-Modal Video Understanding teams in Menlo Park, Seattle, and New York City. These teams at Facebook create spoken language technology to make it faster and easier for people to build community and connect with others around the world. We are part of the Applied AI Research organization, whose mission is to conduct product-motivated research in ML/AI and design, develop and deploy state of the art algorithms to the rest of Facebook. We work in all aspects of AI for speech and audio processing, including speech recognition and synthesis, speaker identification, and acoustic event detection. Our work is largely focused on the areas of voice interfaces, including speech technology for Portal devices and Oculus VR headsets, and video understanding, including transcription, captioning, and content understanding.As a Research Intern, you will help us develop innovative models and algorithms and apply them to large-scale production speech tasks. The duration of this internship is 16 weeks with Summer, Fall, and Winter start dates. Internships will be awarded on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early. To learn more about our research, visit https://ai.facebook.com/.
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines.
- Develop novel and accurate speech algorithms and systems, leveraging deep learning and machine learning on big data resources.
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various deployed systems.
- Collaborate with team members from prototyping to production.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a PhD degree.
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Experience in C/C++ and Python.
- Experience in deep learning frameworks.
- Research and/or work experience in machine learning, deep learning, and/or speech technology.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.