PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2021.
Software Engineer in Test Intern
San Mateo, CA
As a Software Engineer in Test Intern, you will learn PlayStation® technology hands-on: by developing tests, tools, and infrastructure to better analyze PlayStation® console software. Come join us and work closely with your team to improve the test infrastructure for PlayStation® SDK projects!
- Learn and understand testing methodologies and tools for PlayStation® SDK development.
- Design and develop test cases for PlayStation® SDK libraries using C++ and Python. For candidates with an interest in computer graphics, this may include testing modern shader technology.
- Building and improving test infrastructure, simplifying deployment of building, testing, or demonstrating PlayStation® sample applications. Typically this infrastructure will be built using Python.
- Develop, maintain, and improve the testing tools and frameworks used for ensuring high quality PlayStation® SDK components.
- Research new tools for building and analyzing PlayStation® software.
Tools and Technology used and learned in this internship include
- Visual Studio
- Continuous integration and containerization tools such as Jenkins and Docker.
- For those with graphics interest: PlayStation® graphics libraries and technology.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related field), and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
- Proficient in C++ programming.
- Experienced in Python programming. Should have been used in at least one academic project.
- Experience building and running software in both Windows and Linux environments.
Nice to Have skills – having one or more of these skills will help get you started with intern projects at SIE but are by no means required. (This internship will be a learning experience!)
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices.
- Writing unit and integration tests. Knowledge of fuzz testing is a plus.
- Exposure to continuous integration systems.
- Interest in computer graphics is a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.