Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Program:
Wing’s Summer 2021 internship will take place virtually in the United States. This 12 week program is for students in their graduating year of school. We will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling basis until March 2021.
Students from all schools, and students who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented in the technology industry are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to: Black/African American, Latinx/Hispanic, Native American, students with disabilities, veterans, and non-binary people.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for an intern to join the Systems Engineering team as part of the Simulation team! This team develops simulation and analysis tools which support cross-company research and development. We provide automated verification systems for software and hardware quality assurance.
You’ll work closely with the rest of the Simulation team, including other recent graduates. We value a diverse background and a broad skill set as our work spans many disciplines:
- Vehicle physics modeling and fundamental simulation technology
- Large scale data processing
- Hardware and embedded software
- Integration testing
- Backend servers and databases
What You’ll Need:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, with an anticipated 2022 graduation date
- Excellent communication skills, and a desire to learn new skills
- Examples of hands-on engineering experience from university programs or previous internships
- A selection of the following skills:
- Proficiency in C++ and Python
- Web development and visualization experience (e.g. HTML, CSS, TypeScript, WebGL, D3)
- Test and evaluation of perception or control systems
- Mathematical modeling of physical systems (e.g. aviation, automotive)
- Experiment design and data analysis
- End-to-end integration testing
- Developing and working with API interfaces
- Passion for aviation, drones, or related technologies
- Experience developing your own side projects with ideas you’re passionate about
Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in the United States for the duration of the internship program. Individuals applying for this position will not be eligible for immigration sponsorship.